This is the time of the year where some of the outdoor enthusiasts in certain parts of the world will be going through snowy days while others are sweating in the hot weather. Depending on the weather condition in your area, we all know that we are not to take the tires of our Jeeps for granted. Tires play a very important safety role when we are driving or taking a ride in a Jeep or any vehicle.
It is the driver’s responsibility to check the Jeep tires regularly.
- Check the tire pressure whenever you are at the petrol station or before a long drive. Maintaining the right tire pressure will keep the tires in good shape and for longer life span.
- Check the tire tread at least once a month or before a long journey. Excessive wearing of tire treads reduces traction and grip on the road surface and these tires should be replaced with new ones.
- Check the tire alignment whenever the vehicle is sent for servicing for safe driving and maintaining the tires condition and life span.
- Check the tire balance to prevent uneven wearing of the tires for smoother and safe driving. Keeping the tires balanced also keep tires in good shape and longer life span.
- While checking the tire, check the rims for dents or bents that could result from potholes on the roads. Replace damaged rims with good quality Method rims for smoother and safer rides.
For those who are enjoying fair weather all the year round, they can either keep their Jeep tops open or opt for a soft top to protect from the hot sun or rain. But for those in extreme cold weather, they have no option but to installed hard tops for their Jeep to protect them from the cold. Hard tops provide locks for better security but they are troublesome to install. Soft tops are easier to install and they can be folded and stored away when not in use. Choosing of the type of Jeep tops depends on individual preferences and need.
Every outdoor enthusiast that owns a Jeep, knows the importance of installing a good winch to their Jeep. A winch is a saviour in times of emergency when one of the vehicles get stuck in an off road ride. It is also a useful tool for moving heavy loads. There are many types of truck winches for sale. You can choose from the electric, hydraulic, or ATV winches for your Jeep, depending on what and how you intend to use the winch.