Cannabidiol, or CBD, is one of the chemicals extracted from the cannabis sativa plant or marijuana. It is often produced in oil form and mixed with inert oil for consumption purposes (e.g., hemp seed oil).
Contrary to popular belief, CBD won’t make you high or euphoric. That’s because it lacks tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)—a compound responsible for the feelings of high and euphoria.
Although CBD has a very controversial past, continuous research has proven that it’s safe and worth a try. Nowadays, CBD is often used as a medicine due to its wide range of health benefits, including:
- It reduces symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- It helps treat substance use disorder.
- It alleviates severe pain.
- It stops symptoms of arthritis.
Aside from its medical benefits, CBD can also be used as a recreational hobby due to its relaxing effect without the high. Because of this, many people use it to address their sleep issues, particularly insomnia.
One of the most popular ways to use CBD is through dabbing. In this article, you’ll learn about dabbing CBD, including how to dab one properly. But before that, make sure to consult your doctor to be safe.
What Is Dabbing CBD?
Dabbing is a popular method of consuming CBD. In this process, a CBD concentrate is heated and inhaled using a dab rig or a device like the one mentioned on this website.
With this tool, you’ll be able to consume higher concentrations of CBD at once. This is why many users prefer dabbing because it allows them to maximize CBD effects in one inhale.
What Is A Dab?
Dabs are single-use cannabis concentrates with a size no larger than your nails. Keep in mind that these are concentrated forms of CBD, so it’d be better to avoid asking for more because that’s plenty enough for you.
Dabs are often purchased as wax and shatter. They may provide similar effects but not on how they look. Wax is waxy like candle wax, while shatter is hard like a piece of candy.
Here are other differences between wax and shatter you might want to know:
- Shatter is not easy to produce, unlike wax. It requires more attention to ensure that the extraction process will run smoothly.
- Wax often degrades at a faster rate compared to shatter.
- Measuring and handling wax are easier compared to shatter, which is harder and more brittle like candy.
How Are Dabs Usually Made?
The process of making dabs begins with the removal of terpenes and cannabinoids from the cannabis sativa plant. This can be performed in many ways, but the most popular one is extraction through butane.
In this process, butane is forced into a sealed container containing the plant. Keep in mind that butane is a natural solvent. So, once it reaches the plant, all the oils (e.g., cannabinoids, flavonoids, and terpenes) will be separated from its physical matter.
After that, the plant will be removed from the solution. Now, you have a solution of solvent and essential oils. All you need to do is let the butane evaporate until there’s nothing but the oil extracted from the plant. The extracted oil will dry up and become shatter or wax dabs.
Furthermore, ensure not to do this at home because butane is highly flammable and combustible. It can explode even with the slightest spark. It’s best to let the experts and manufacturers take care of the extraction process to be safe.
How To Dab CBD?
Now that you know what dabbing CBD and CBD dabs are, it’s time to learn how to dab properly. Below are the steps to dabbing CBD.
- Step 1: Grab The CBD Concentrate – Only purchase your concentrates from a reputable supplier and make sure to get the highest quality as much as possible. Also, don’t hesitate to ask the seller to replace the product if you find it too dark and strange.
- Step 2: Get Your Dab Rig Ready – Once you have the concentrates, it’s time to get your dab rig ready. An electric dab rig is highly recommended for beginners because it’s versatile and easy to use.
- Step 3: Heat The Banger – Check the crystal and make sure it doesn’t turn red during heating. Then, let it cool down a bit before dropping your dabs. Burning CBD at higher temperatures can be dangerous to your lungs.
- Step 4: Start Dabbing – Gently inhale the CBD and rotate the cap to ensure proper airflow inside the banger. Then, be sure to exhale all the vapor out of your lungs. For beginners, have a glass of water at your side to rinse your throat after dabbing.
Dabbing CBD is one way to consume CBD effectively. With this, you’ll be able to take higher concentrations of CBD in one go. But be careful and make sure to do it properly to avoid risking your health, particularly your lungs.