The introduction to the dissertation sets the tone for the entire work, speaks about its relevance, interests the reader, and presents the main arguments that will be revealed later in the main part. The introductory part should set the vector, introduce the topic and orientate in the essence and concept of the work. However, almost every student faces the question: how to start a dissertation introduction? Let’s put everything in its place.
The purpose of the dissertation introduction
The introductory part is a summary of the essence of the main part. This section discloses the aims, objectives, and research methods used by the student. And the most important thing is that a certain scientific hypothesis should be presented here, which will later be proved or disproved in the following chapters.
How to write a dissertation introduction so that the key characteristics of scientific research are clear and meet the requirements for design? Some students find it easier to write step by step, chapter by chapter, and this is the correct approach. However, sometimes it is easier to draft the introduction, get to the heart of the research and complete the main sections, and only then return to the dissertation introduction. This allows you to bring the chapter to perfection, give it the right structure and form thoughts as clearly as possible.
The main requirements for the dissertation introduction
The introduction for dissertation is a section that occupies no more than 10% of the total volume of the study. To which part of the scientific work are the following requirements:
- The uniqueness of the text. Each piece is checked for plagiarism, so it is impossible to hide any copied passages;
- The text must be competent, logical, and structured, contain all mandatory elements;
- The section must be logically related to the central part of the study and not be perceived as a separate unit.
That is why writing a dissertation introduction can seem like a more difficult task than it seems at first. However, you don’t have to deal with this problem alone. The assignmentholic.co.uk service specializes in writing papers of any complexity. You can order the introductory part and the rest of the chapters while getting the opportunity to do other things.
The service has been operating on the market for many years and has an impeccable reputation among customers. The most important advantages: are complete confidentiality of the client under any conditions and compliance with scientific works with the strictest requirements.
- In addition, you can count on even more advantages:
- Discount on the first order and all subsequent orders;
- Tasks are performed only by highly qualified specialists who have a confirmed academic degree;
- The work is transferred to the specialist who has the appropriate level and experience for this and can guarantee the timely completion of the task
The services of the assignmentholic platform are something that you will be happy to use yourself and feel free to recommend to your friends.
What to write in a dissertation introduction?
Although there are no very strict guidelines for the construction of an introduction for dissertation, there are key structural elements that should be included in this section:
- The relevance of the research topic is justified by the presence of “blind spots” and the need to fill the gaps. Relevance is confirmed by a review of professional literature on similar or related topics. The review of the literature reflects the insufficient study of the problem, the use of outdated methods under the condition that there is an opportunity to use new approaches and obtain better or different results.
- The purpose and objectives of the research help to outline the desired result and ways to achieve it. In this part of the chapter, it is especially important to follow the correct sequence, since the main sections are related to the specified research tasks.
- Next, it is necessary to describe the object and subject of research, as well as to list the methods that will be used for this.
- After that, it is essential to formulate a hypothesis and the main ideas that are put forward for defense. The dissertation has about 5-6 statements that find their confirmation in the main sections.
- In the end, the applied value and importance of the work carried out are explained, and the effectiveness of using ideas in practice is proven.
To write a strong introduction, it is worth starting with writing the structure, and only after that expand each fragment separately, linking them together into a clear, understandable, and interesting scientific text. The fact that you are working on a dissertation does not exclude the possibility of using strong hooks: shocking statistics, impressively confirmed facts, or real stories if they are related to the topic of the dissertation.
All these tips will lead you to create a really strong introduction that you can easily present to the scientific community and get the degree you want.