Is Your Website Future-Ready? Top 10 SEO Trends in 2021
Search Engine Optimization refers to using content optimization and keywords to rank your website on search engine results pages (SERPs). There are certain things you should keep in mind to make your website appearing on the first page of search engines, such as –
- User intent and audience base
- Latest update on Google SERP
- Google trends
- Organic Traffic
- Mobile Optimization
Whether you want to rank your website in-house or by outsourcing SEO services, the key here is to choose the right SEO strategy. Before we discuss some of the top SEO trends to look out for, let’s discuss some of the best practices to choose the right strategy –
- Take hold of your keyword optimization and site design to drive your sales conversions.
- Keep track of yourcompetitors with what they are doing and the keywords they are using to get ranked.
- Stay ahead with the latest SEO trends and industry changes to make the most of your SEO efforts.
Top SEO Trends 2021
- BERT Update
Earlier this year, Google rolled out the BERT update in December 2019, and most websites suffered later on. There has been more focus on quality rather than quantity and user intent, relevancy, and keywords. Google uses different factors like Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness (EAT) and Your Money Your Life (YMYL) to track the overall website reputation.
This way, you can provide the answers to your target audience as per their search query. For example, you may post home remedies for cold to answer people who search with the same query. Keyword stuffing is no longer sufficient to attract traffic. Focus on relevant content for ranking.
Gone are the days when anyone could fool Google with keyword stuffing. Google simply wants to deliver the right solution to the right audience. To generate relevant keywords –
- Know your audience and create content accordingly. It is best to create ideal content for the visitors and keep it natural.
- Add keywords in Metatitles, Meta descriptions, alt tags, and other essential SEO spots.
- Add long-tail keywords to break the monotony. Use the right mix of long-tail and short-tail keywords to optimize content.
- SEO-friendly UI/UX
Many website owners often ignore technical aspects. Many people overlook small details that can affect the website’s performance. Use the best UI/UX design to make your website look fresh. Consider the site structure to design your website. Here’s what you need to do –
- Keep track of bouncerate and know the reasons behind. Low loading speed, irrelevant keywords, and errors might be the reasons. Keep the bounce rate from 26 to 40.
- Keep track of your session duration to know engagement. Start A/B testing and track your page elements.
- Avoid complicated menu items to make your site navigation All pages should have a navigation menu, self-explanatory navigation bar, and search bar.
- Create catchy headingsto drive curiosity and help visitors throughout the website.
- Mobile-first Indexing
Back in 2018, Google started mobile-first indexing, where it prefers websites with mobile versions. AMP version compatibility is vital with high-quality and rich content for any website in this era and makes the most of competition. Here are some of the best SEO practices –
- Design mobile-friendly pages for your website.
- Add special effects with HTML5 rather than using plugins that mobile browsers don’t support.
- Boost your mobile page speed by optimizing your website. You can implement minified codes, leverage browser caching, and reduce redirects.
- Page Speed
A famous saying “The first impression is the last impression” is entirely relatable to your website. There is nothing more annoying than trying to open a website, but it responds slowly. It is better to use Google PageSpeed Insights to keep track on your page speed score and make changes accordingly. Here are some of the tips to do that –
- Make the most of browser caching so the browser won’t reload your site completely when a visitor revisits your site.
- Cut down on redirects to avoid extra waiting time.
- Search for weak points like database queries and sluggish routing to improve your server response time.
- Distribute the content delivery load with a CDN.
- Load images in the right format and optimize them.
- Engage the Audience with Videos
Using video content is one of the most innovative strategies to boost your website. You can keep your customers hooked to your content with the best video content. Videos can showcase your products and engage visitors with great ROI. Video marketing can ensure great returns. You can create versatile content with the video and help marketers show your business’s real picture. Videos save the visitors’ time and are easy to digest as no one has to read a long text.
- Voice Search
With the dawn of chatbots and AI, voice search is the latest entrant in SEO trends. It’s time to club real-life voice search leaders like Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Siri, Cortana, and Google Assistant. Voice searches have tremendous growth over the years with the rise of mobile users. Since many people started using voice search on their devices, it’s time for site owners to optimize their content for voice searches. This way, you can add long-tail keywords and write long-form content for your search queries.
- Optimize content for a snippet
If you want your website to show up on the first page through snippet, you should have a specific pattern that search engines follow.
- Ensure the relevancy of heading matching your SEO title and content.
- Set the structure data with the right standard
- Know the latest Google updates
- Use keywords properly
- Stick to Search Engines guidelines
- Meta description
- Link Building
Link Building is still alive in 2021 and working. It can still help to make it to the first page. It is no brainer that quality content is the key to build quality links. Keep in mind that other SEO trends listed here will be wasted if you don’t implement a proper link building strategy. Search engines mainly use links for two things –
- To determine the performance of your website on search results pages
- To discover new pages.
It is link building that helps search crawlers to access other pages. Later on, they gather the details from such pages and add the same to indexes.
- Be ready for growing SERPs
The search engine result pages have evolved tremendously over the years and are still growing. You may have found some of the significant changes while browsing the web –
- Ad share has significantly increased.
- Google started preferring “FAQ” and “People Have Also Asked” sections.
- Featured snippets and answer boxes are also getting a considerable share in results pages
It’s time to focus on long-tail keywords to maintain traffic to your website. They also work for voice searches. For example, you may use “How to make creamy chicken pasta at home?” instead of using the “chicken pasta recipe” keyword. Keep your content flexible and ready for changes.
Author Bio – Lalit is an Outreach Specialist and Content Editor at Just SEO And JustSEO is well regarded for providing the best services of SEO with guaranteed first-page results. The SEO Agency in Auckland is well known to provide measurable results with up to 96% retention rate.